32 bits general purpose microcontroller
This is a powerful, 32 bit, low cost microcontroller. The processor has a MIPS M4K based core and therefore it allows ISP programming using a low cost programmer.
It is ideal for integration into projects where a powerful and flexible CPU is necessary at a controlled cost.
To program it you can use the MPLAB development environment offered by the same manufacturer, Microchip. This enviroment can be downloaded and has two versions, a comercial one and a free one. The difference between the two is that the code optimization in the free version is deactivated in 60 days.
The rest of the applications remain.
The processor has enough power and capacity to include an RTOS real-time operating. We recommend the UNISON operating system from Rowebots. For the unit that we commercialize this version is free and can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s website.
This RTOS system occupies only about 6KB of program memory and 1KB of data memory. Provides support POSIX (Linux 2.6 type) and it allows among other things threads, semaphores, mutexes, barriers...
Having an opertaing system makes a lot easier the programming of the unit, because it can execute different tasks simultaneously.
The main features of our unit are:
- Unic 24V DC power supply. It also supports power between 7V and 35V. The consumption is bellow 20mA. Internally the electronics work at 3V, having a switching regulator from which you can obtain until 200mA.
- 1.56 DMIPs/MHz or 186 CoremarksTM thanks to a 5 stage pipelined processor, 3 way code, 4 peripheral DMA and caché preemtivo..
- It has a MIPS16e mode allowing code compactation by 40%.
- Multiplication/division in one single cycle.
- Context switching and quick response to interrupcions.
- Operating frequency 80MHz..
- 512KBytes of FLASH memory for program storage. Includes additional 12KBytes storage for bootloader. Bootloader allows the programming of mechanisms for the remote reprogramming of the processor.
- 32Kbytes of RAM.
- RESET button.
- Two LEDs controllable from software..
- Programming connector directly connected to PIC KIT 3. It allows ISP programming, step by step debugging, breaking points, ...
- Real time clock I2C bus with a high power capacitor for self maintenance in the absence of electrical power.
- E2PROM I2C memory with 64KB.
- Bus I2C accessible via external connector.
- Two USARTs one with RS232 transceiver and the other one configurable as RS232c or RS485. The RS485 port has the transceiver in base and also has protection against overvoltage.
- 10 inputs that can be configured as 10-bit analog or digital. These go directly to the micro.
- It also has 25 digital inputs. These go directly to the micro.
- Dimensions of the circuit 107x40 with DIN type rail tray possibility.